After the Springtime Soup I made on Sunday, I was left with about half a can of chickpeas.
Excellent! I LOVE roasted chickpeas!
They’re such an easy snack to make, and are a great source of protein and fiber!
- Chickpeas (from a can)
- Olive Oil
- Spices and/or Grated Cheese*
*I like adding grated Parmesan cheese and Za’atar (my husband’s favorite spice mix), but this is an easy snack to experiment with! Oregano, cumin, chili pepper, and garlic salt would all be great additions as well, depending on what you like. Or just leave the spices out completely!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Dry the chickpeas with paper towels, and then put them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle chickpeas with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and chosen spice(s) to taste.
- Mix the chickpeas thoroughly to ensure they’re all coated, and then spread them out so they are not piled on top of each other.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until browned. Keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes, though, to avoid burning.