This should be a fun cookbook to try out! Orange is the New Black Presents: The Cookbook. This is an official cookbook for the show; Jenji Kohan, the creator of the show, is even listed as one of the authors!
About Orange is the New Black:
Orange is the New Black is a Netflix Original television series based on a memoir written by Piper Kerman called “Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison.” It follows Piper Chapman, as well as many of the other inmates, as they try to get through life at a minimum-security women’s federal prison.
If you’ve ever seen Weeds, the show kind of reminds me of that type of style. In fact, it’s the same creator. It’s a combination of comedy mixed with very serious topics.
About the Cookbook:
“Official” cookbooks are always the most fun to flip through, and this one does not disappoint! There are tons of high resolution photos from the show, fun quotes printed throughout, and even a copy of the love poem that Crazy Eyes (Suzanne) wrote for Dandelion (Piper).
Throughout July, these are the recipes I’ll be taste-testing:
- Gloria’s Chunky Oatmeal
- Waffles and Scrambled Eggs
- Miss Rosa’s Huevos with Spinach
- Breakfast Sandwich (without the tampon)
- Crazy Eyes’s Dandelion Salad
- Blanca’s Chicken Enchiladas with Chipotle Tomatillo Sauce
- SHU Moldy Mystery Meat
- Red’s Chicken Kiev
SIDES & SNACKS
- Crack Almonds
- Chang’s Sticky-Fingers Movie Night Popcorn Balls
- Big Boo’s Roasted Corn
- Vee’s Homemade Bread
- Desert Storm Pudding
- Crazy Eyes’s Chocolate and Vanilla Fudge Swirl (Swirrl, Swirrl)
- Larry’s Mom’s Rugalach
- Contraband Candy Bar Brownies
- Luschek’s Hot Chocolate & Schnapps
- Poussey’s Hooch
- Labor-Inducing Pineapple Soda
- Piper’s Cleanse