If you’re wondering why it’s been FOREVER since I last posted (okay fine, it’s been 5 days but it seems like a lot longer!) it’s because we recently moved and my new stove/oven wasn’t working for the first few days. And now that it is, I’m having a hell of a time finding all of the items needed to make the Hobbit recipes in all of these boxes.
So I’m taking a brief break from the Hobbit cookbook until I’ve got my ducks in a row, and in the meantime I decided to share my mom’s super-easy peanut butter cup cookie recipe! She makes these EVERY Christmas, and they’re always a huge hit! I’ve started bringing them to our annual cookie exchange, as well.
Mom’s Super-Easy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 package Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 bag of miniature peanut butter cups
- Cooking spray or butter
You’ll also need a mini cupcake/muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease your muffin pan with the cooking spray or butter.
- Cut the cookie dough into approximately 3/4-inch round pieces, and then cut those into quarters. Place each quarter into one of the mini muffin pan cups.
- Unwrap the miniature peanut butter cups.
- When the oven is ready, pop in the mini muffin pan with the dough and cook for approx. 5-6 minutes (dough will be slightly golden, but still soft).
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and QUICKLY put a peanut butter cup into each of the muffin pan cups…right in the middle of the dough. Try to avoid the peanut butter cups from touching the bottom. The chocolate will get all melty and delicious from the heat of the dough.
- Let cool, and enjoy!