I was literally giddy when I discovered this cookbook exists! If you haven’t seen Bob’s Burgers, I recommend checking it out. It’s a really funny animated show!
About Bob’s Burgers:
Bob’s Burgers is an animated show about the life of Bob Belcher and his family, who run a burger shop together called “Bob’s Burgers.” They are in constant competition with the pasta place across the street, run by Bob’s nemesis Jimmy Pesto, but Bob remains confident that his burgers are the best around and speak for themselves.
If you’ve ever watched the show “Archer,” you might not only recognize Bob’s voice, but the characters as well! In an episode of Archer, Archer loses his memory, starts calling himself Bob, and is found cooking burgers with his new “family” at their restaurant.
About the Cookbook:
This cookbook only includes burger and fries recipes, so don’t expect a ton of variety! Even for the french fries, at first look it seems like there’s only one recipe. But every single burger recipe is based on Bob’s burger specials in each episode, which I think is a great concept! He has such creative names! My favorite of them being the Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Zucchini Burger. And the pictures on each page demonstrate how to appropriately assemble each burger, or display one of the show’s characters.
These are the recipes I’ll be cooking and taste-testing before I give a review:
- New Bacon-ings Burger
- Eggers Can’t Be Cheesers Burger
- It’s Fun to Eat at the Rye-MCA Burger
- If Looks Could Kale Burger
- Bruschetta Bout It Burger
- Poutine on the Ritz Burger
- Every Breath You Tikka Masala Burger
- Hit Me With Your Best Shallot Burger
- Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Zucchini Burger
- Hummus a Tune Burger
- The Cauliflower’s Cumin From Inside the House Burger
- Parsnips Vous Francais Burger
- Onion-Tended Consequences Burger
- The Six Scallion Dollar Man Burger
- Don’t Get Creme Fraiche With Me Burger
- Summer Thyme Burger
- Home for the Challah-Days Burger
- Winter Muensterland Burger
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fennel Burger
- Rest in Peas Burger